Transpersonal music therapy is sound healing that integrates meditative and spiritual music with healing frequencies, chanting and meditation techniques with the aim of healing and/or reaching higher states of consciousness. It transcends conventional music therapy. It uses healing sounds and meditative music as a means of bridging the emotional, spiritual, and energetic dimensions of a person that facilitate access to altered states of consciousness and the Higher Self (Soul).
This is not about music therapy used in clinical practice and through the areas of cognition, emotions, motor skills, social and communication skills, such as autism, clinical depression, mental retardation, developmental disorders, hearing loss, speech, vision, and other types of disabilities, etc.
Transpersonal musical healing is aimed at awakening transcendental states of consciousness and healing the mind, emotions, and body.
There are several applications of transpersonal musical healing:
• Therapist-client relationship, where is focus on the individual’s needs and it is individually determined the type of healing sounds and mantras
• Group sound baths with or without guided meditation
• Listening to healing music on your own, with or without mantras
• Combining music with dance meditation or art-dance therapy
• Combining music with symbolic storytelling and/or guided meditation
• Combining music with transpersonal hypnotherapy
• A combination of music and positive affirmations
• Combining music with painting therapy